Welcome to Ashuelot River Campground
Quiet, Clean & Spacious Camping in Southwest New Hampshire
Open April 28, 2023 through October 15, 2023. Now accepting reservation requests.
Ashuelot River Campground is situated at the heart of the Monadnock Region, offering easy access to great biking on rail trail, roads and woods; canoeing on the river; hiking trails of varying lengths, including Mount Monadnock – reputed to be one of the most climbed mountains in the world – and many local trails to ponds and smaller hills, plus easy access to the city of Keene for shopping, sports and music events and other entertainment. Check out the Activities and Nearby Attractions page for a comprehensive look at all that is available.
Our campground sits on the banks of the Ashuelot River in Swanzey, New Hampshire, between Keene and the mouth of the river. We have 22 acres of land with 3600 feet of riverfront, abutting a beautiful town forest with direct access to the Ashuelot Rail Trail.
Many sites are grassy and open, some tucked in our woods, others along a treeline and directly on the river - we offer something for everybody.
Ashuelot: a Penacook word meaning “place between”; pronounced “ash-WHEEL-ot”. The Ashuelot River flows 64 miles from its origin in Pillsbury State Park to the north and feeds the Connecticut River to our south in Hinsdale, New Hampshire. For more information about the river, click here (a PDF document).
Our Amenities & Facilities
- 30 and 50 amp W/E/S sites
- Riverside W/E and W/E/S sites
- Pull-through sites available
- Big rig friendly
- Dump station and honey wagon service
- Three rustic cabins that sleep 1 - 4
- Free wi-fi available
- Kayak, canoe and bike rentals
- Game room with pool table, foosball, ping-pong, air hockey
- Laundry room
- Camp store with firewood, ice, and incidentals
- Clean bath house with free hot showers
- Shuttles up river for canoes and kayaks
- Plenty of open space, peace and quiet
- On-site storage available, winter and summer
- Year-round trailer storage available
- Please call with your questions about accessibility
- Help with planning your hiking, biking or boating adventure
We are working hard to maintain a quiet, peaceful place where your comfort is the highest priority. You can decide whether to simply enjoy the quiet and recharge in the park or venture out boating on the river, biking on the rail trails, or hiking one of the many forest trails in the region. We seek to establish new lasting friendships as guests return time after time. We are very grateful for the support, and look forward to sharing the place with you and your family. From our family to yours, we look forward to serving you!